The following is an overview of the courses and assignments required to complete this unit. The Unit will take you at least 2 weeks to complete, but you have up to 180 days to access and complete the Unit requirements.
- 6-8 hours: Includes passing the course exam (70% or higher), and completion of the self-care assignment and report.
- What will you learn? Get an introduction to the history and philosophy behind mind-body medicine, explore the role of stress on health, the impact of the placebo effect, and the powerful potential of neuroplasticity.
- Self-care Assignment & Report: After completing the learning modules, evaluating the course and passing the exam, you will apply your learning in the Self-care: Stress & Resiliency module which includes a self-care assignment and shared report.
- 4-6 hours: Includes passing the course exam (70% or higher), and completing the mindfulness assignment and shared report.
- What will you learn? What mindfulness is, and how it benefits health and wellbeing. Hear from Shauna Shapiro regarding the research and effects of meditation, and learn about various mindfulness and meditative practices.
- Mindfulness Assignment & Report: In the Applied Mindfulness module, you will choose a mindfulness practice to try out for 2 weeks, then return and report on your experience.
- 10-12 hours: Includes completion of the self-care assignment and report.
- What will you learn? Get an Introduction to the role of spirituality in health. The importance of meaning and purpose in one’s life. What is spiritual care and who can provide it. How to start a conversation around spirituality, discuss what’s important and live one’s values. Explore several cultural perspectives on spirituality and healing traditions.
- Self-care Assignment & Report: After completing the learning modules, evaluating the course and passing the exam, you will apply your learning in the Self-care: Spirituality module which includes Activity Part 1 – Staying Connected to Purpose, and Activity 2 -Transcending Challenges, and a shared report where you reflect on your experience with the activities.
- 9 Hours: Includes passing the course exam (70% or higher)
- What will you learn? Get an introduction to importance of mental and emotional wellbeing – including the role lifestyle approaches play. Dive into approaches to address various types of anxiety and depression.
Interested in the full Series Certificate of Completion
Complete* all 5 units and orientation within an 18-month period. Have more questions? Reach out to our Admissions Team.
* All requirements must be met including courses and assignments complete, course exams passed with a 70% or higher. Verification process and fee required.
The deadline has passed to begin the WLS certificate with the intent to join the 2020-2021 IHW Coaching Class.
Want to be an Integrative Health Coach?
Interested in our certification program? Earning the full Wellness & Lifestyle Series and being an eligible health professional makes you eligible to apply to our nationally recognized Integrative Health Coaching program. Learn more here.