- > Education
- > IM in Residency (IMR)
Integrative Medicine in Residency
Leading the way. . .
Award-winning ProgramAward-winning program: In 2011, the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine presented the IMR with the national Innovative Program Award, recognizing its impact on medical education.
Medical StudentsFor more information about which sites have the program and how to contact the program directors see the medical student's page.
Find out about incorporating IMR into your residency program. We offer several pricing structures, including a site rate for unlimited users and a per-user rate.
Contact: Program Coordinator, Integrative Medicine in Residency PO Box 245153 Tucson, AZ 85724-5153 email@example.com
Integrative Medicine in Residency is. . .
A 200-hour competency-based, online curriculum in integrative medicine, designed for incorporation into primary care residency education.
Developed by leaders in integrative medicine (IM), the Integrative Medicine in Residency (IMR) program addresses a demand for residency training in IM, for both faculty and residents. IMR was launched in 2008 with eight pilot sites, and continues to expand across the United States and into Canada. IMR serves as the national model for addressing topics currently not included in conventional medical education.
- Online, interactive curriculum accessible 24 hours per day.
- Modular format can be incorporated longitudinally or as a rotation, elective, or area of concentration.
- Responds to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competency-based education.
- Resource for faculty development.
- Case-based, interactive learning and streaming video.
- Online access to seminal literature and reference materials.
- Experiential exercises and process-oriented group activities.
- Resources for clinical application.
Resident Health and Wellbeing IMR is committed to developing physicians who model the healthy lifestyle they learn about, have a positive sense of well-being, and are relationship-centered in their approach to medical care. This philosophy is incorporated into the curriculum, reflective exercises, and collaboration with faculty and peers.
Evaluation IMR users evaluate the online curriculum regularly, enabling regular curriculum updates. Residents' fulfillment of ACGME competencies is measured through a variety of assessment tools. Records are stored in individual electronic portfolios for easy access by faculty and program directors.
IMR Family Medicine Residencies
- AnMed Health Systems, Anderson, South Carolina
- Aurora Family Medicine Residency Program, Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Beth Israel, New York
- Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Center for Family Medicine, University of North Dakota - Minot
- Central Maine Medical Center, Lewiston, Maine
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Danbury Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency, Danbury, Connecticut
- Ellis Medicine, Schenectady, New York
- Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Lancaster General Health, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Maine Medical Center, Portland Maine
- Maine-Dartmouth, Augusta, Maine
- Medical Center of Central Georgia, Family Medicine Residency, Macon, Georgia
- Memorial University Medical Center, Savannah, Georgia
- Morehouse School of Medicine, East Point, Georgia
- Research Family Medicine Residency Program, Kansas City, Missouri
- St. Joseph Family Practice Residency, Chicago, Illinois
- Sutter Health, Sacramento, California
- Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency, Seattle, Washington
- Tufts University Family Medicine Residency at Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden, Massachusetts
- UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- The University of Arizona, Tucson
- University of California, San Diego, California
- University of California, Irvine
- The University of Connecticut
- The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
IMR Internal Medicine Residencies
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Florida
- University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Division of General Internal Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico
IMR Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residencies
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
IMR Preventive Medicine Residencies
- University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Preventive Medicine Residency, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina