Pediatric Integrative Medicine Elective
This 4-week facilitated, on-line elective is the first of its kind to provide curriculum to residents from a range of specialties who are interested in exploring Pediatric Integrative Medicine.
The content is based on the Center's Fellowship program and was recently reorganized for this course by the Director of Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency, Joy Weydert, MD, FAAP, Professor of Integrative Medicine and Pediatrics, and the AZCIM team.
This 40-70-hour rotation offers the on-line curriculum, on-line dialogue sessions with faculty and other rotation participants, site-specific experientials, and case-based webinars led by experts in the field of Integrative Medicine.
- Mari Ricker, MD, Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Arizona
- Rachel Cramton, MD, Associate Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at the University of Arizona
- Noshene Ranjbar, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Arizona.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recognizes the increasing use of integrative therapies for children, and the Center is dedicated to providing reliable information and high quality educational resources to support training in this emerging field.
The next scheduled elective is November 23 through December 18, 2020.
- Introduction to Integrative Medicine
- Physician Self-Care
- Children's Nutrition
- Physical Activity for Children
- Motivational Interviewing
- Foundations of Mind-Body Medicine
- Integrative Mental Health
- Micronutrients & Supplements
- The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Manual Medicine
- Integrative Pediatric Neurology
- Integrative Respiratory Health
Join Mailing List
Want to know when new classes are starting, discount offers, and when curriculum updates are occurring?
Who is eligible?
This elective rotation is open to residents and fellows in pediatrics, family medicine, child and adolescent psychiatry, and pediatric residents not currently enrolled in the Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency program.
The cost for the one-month, 40-70 hour Pediatric Integrative Medicine Elective Rotation for residents is $794.50.