- Competency based following ACGME guidelines.
- Needs assessment driven, 100-hour curriculum.
- Interactive format, designed to be used by multiple residency programs simultaneously.
- Includes nutrition, mind-body medicine, dietary supplements, environmental medicine, and more.
- Blends online learning and group activities.
- Modular format allows maximum flexibility.
- Develops a community of students across programs.
- Built with an integrated evaluation tool.
- Prioritizes resident health and wellness.
Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency
Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency (PIMR) is the first online pediatric integrative curriculum, designed to embed integrative medicine into pediatric residency training.
Using the successful Integrative Medicine in Residency (IMR) as a template, the 100-hour curriculum delivers online, interactive, integrative medicine modules into pediatric resident education, and incorporates evaluation and faculty development tools. The curriculum includes nutrition, mind-body medicine, integrative approaches to mental health, sleep, whole medical systems such as Traditional Chinese Medicine and naturopathy, physical activity, effective behavior and lifestyle change, and also has a strong focus on physician health and wellness.
The landscape of pediatrics is changing due to a sharp increase in chronic illnesses and stress-related disorders in children. Parental demand is high, and new approaches for prevention and expanded treatment options are urgently needed.
Pediatric Integrative Medicine
Pediatric integrative medicine (PIM) is endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and offers a healing oriented approach that takes account of the whole infant, child or adolescent, including all elements of lifestyle and family health. It emphasizes the powerful triad of child-family-practitioner, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
|PIMR Peds Principles Poster||Principles of Pediatric Integrative Medicine poster. 18 x 24, web resolution.||Download|
|PIMR Flyer||Flyer describing the Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency program.||Download|
|IMR & PIMR Site List||Site list for Integrative Medicine in Residency and Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency.||Download|
|IMR: PIMR Curriculum & Content||Curriculum and content of the Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency program.||Download|
You may also be interested in: