Take a Course for Free!
Thanks to an unrestricted educational grant from the Blackstone Ranch Institute, we are offering the Environmental Medicine course free of charge. Get a preview of our courses' interactivity and content. CME is available for Physicians, NPs and PAs. Sign up for Environmental Medicine now >>
Credit is not available for this course. We estimate the course should take 18 - 20 hours to complete.
$240 Other Healthcare Providers
$190 Students with proof of enrollment
*A $25 administration fee will be retained from those who have paid, but withdraw prior to course start date.
ContactContact us about this course
$240 Healthcare Providers
Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical systems in the world, originating at least five thousand years ago in what is now India. It is a comprehensive system of medicine that emphasizes the interconnectedness of the body, mind and spirit and strives to maintain the innate harmony of the individual.
Ayurveda is considered a "whole medical system" in that it involves a complete system of theory and practice that has evolved independently from or parallel to allopathic (conventional) medicine. Many therapies utilized in Ayurveda are also used individually and are gaining popularity in the United States. Examples include yoga, meditation, massage and some Ayurvedic herbal medicines.
- Describe the historical, philosophical, and theoretical basis of traditional Ayurvedic medicine and its current status in India and the US
- Describe Ayurvedic approaches to patient assessment and diagnosis
- Describe Ayurvedic treatment philosophy
- Describe different treatment approaches in traditional Ayurvedic medicine
- Identify efficacy, effectiveness, and safety for traditional Ayurvedic medicine
- Identify qualities and educational background of qualified Ayurvedic practitioners
If you register for the course and pay with a credit card you will have immediate access to the course. Once your registration is complete, logout and log back in and your course will be listed on the campus page. If you cannot remember your account information, click the Forgot Password link on the login page and it will be emailed to you.
You will have 90 days from your initial registration to complete the course. We estimate the course should take 18 - 20 hours to complete.
Credit is not available for this course.
We estimate the course should take 18 - 20 hours to complete.