- > Events
- > Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds Registration
If you have an account, register here (requires login), then check the appropriate registration selections.
Create an Account
Create an account if you haven't taken a course or Grand Rounds from AzCIM previously.
Upcoming Grand Rounds
Please feel free to join our mailing list to ensure you are notified of upcoming presentations.
Previous Grand Rounds
CME & Accreditation
CME credit is not available for this activity through the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Time & Location
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Room 5403, 5th Floor AHSC, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ
Paid parking is available, sorry we are unable to validate
Physician Health and Wellbeing: The Art and Science of Self Care in Medicine ~ Presented by Hilary McClafferty, MD, FAAP
- To raise awareness about the importance of physician health and wellbeing.
- To update the attendee on research on physician health and wellness.
- To identify useful resources for interested physicians.
At the end of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Define three commonly recognized measurements of physician burnout.
- Recognize four factors that may predispose a physician to burnout.
- Identify links between chronic stress and chronic illness.
- Discuss the utility of an integrative medicine template to burnout prevention.
- Develop a personalized framework for preventive health.
Dr. McClafferty has disclosed no financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this CME activity.
About Grand Rounds
Sponsored for CME Credit by The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center through the Department of Medicine.
The Center's Grand Rounds feature speakers with experience in conventional medicine, CAM, and integrative medicine presenting topics related to the practice of IM. Many presenters are directors, faculty, or alumni of the Center, while others are experts in alternative modalities commonly recommended in integrative medical practices.
The objective of IM Grand Rounds is to discuss clinical, scientific and/or policy information related to the practice of integrative medicine and relevant protocols and/or procedures that will directly improve patient care.
Sign up for Grand Rounds e-mail announcements by joining our email list.