- > Education
- > Integrative Health Coaching
Integrative Health Coaching
Encouraging healthier patients and communities by providing well-trained integrative health professionals that partner with you so you can reach your health goals.
Questions? We'd love to hear from you! Please contact us regarding IH Coaching.
Coaching Application Eligibility
Apply to the Program
Applications are being accepted for the next class that begins August 24, 2015.
Only 40 students will be accepted in the first class. Application Fee: $124.50.
IH Coaching 2016 Spring
Online Program start date: August 24, 2015
Tucson Training Session I: 10/28/2015 - 10/31/2015
Tucson Training Session II: 2/11/2016 - 2/13/2016
Program end date: March 13, 2016
In the Media
"Health coaching is one of the promising new ideas to surface in the field of integrative medicine." --David Freudberg, The Search for Well-Being: Treating the whole person in the new healthcare era.
Lifestyle Transformation offerings
Explore our related Integrative Health & Lifestyle program.
Return to Lifestyle Transformation overview page
Development of this program is made possible, in part, thanks to generous contributions from the Blythe Brenden-Mann Foundation.
The Integrative Health Coaching program is an innovative, interprofessional, 6-month, mostly online, educational certification program, training graduates of our IHeLp and AzCIM fellowship to help support their patients and clients to make healthy lifestyle and behavior changes for sustainable wellbeing.
What Will I Learn?
- Coaching Principles
- Integrative Health Coaching Processes
- Coaching Strategies
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- Running Group Sessions
- Practice Model and Business Strategies
- Ethics and Limits of Coaching
How will this program be delivered?
A 6-month training program blending online learning, face-to-face workshops, and live video practicums dedicated to successful skill-attainment. Expect to devote 6-8 hours per week to complete the work.
- Online curriculum
- Supervised small group practices via video call technology
- Two live training events in Tucson, Arizona at the Westward Look Resort
- Self-care experiential throughout the six-month program
- Experienced mentor supervisors who support your learning, provide valuable feedback and guidance.
Program Completion & Certification
- Successfully complete all online requirements
- Attendance of both training retreats
Certification is based on proven skill attainment and practice. The following are the evaluation methods to gain certification:
- Passing score on 5th supervised 1:1 IH Coaching session
- Approved Graduation Portfolio
- Passing score on coaching evaluation (at second live training session)
- Proficiency score on MITI (What is MITI)
- Passing score on online Final knowledge Exam
- Documented* Hours: 100 IH coaching sessions
Apply to the Program
Completion of our AzCIM Fellowship or IHeLp are requirements for eligibility to apply.
Applications are now being taken for the IH Coaching 2016 Winter. class. Only 40 students will be accepted in the first class. Early applications (received by November 10th) will get $425 off their required deposit invoice.
IH Coaching 2016 Winter
Program start date: August 24, 2015
Tucson Training Session I: 10/21/2015 - 10/25/2015
Tucson Training Session II: 2/4/16 - 2/6/2016
Program end date: March 6, 2016
Program Cost: $5949
Program Cost for Early Applications: $5525
(application must be in by May 15, 2015 to guarantee review of application for discount of $425 off the required deposit). See tuition and eligibility details.
Application Fee: $124.50.
Integrative Health Coaching is a client-centered, relational approach to working with individuals collaboratively to address the health and wellbeing of the whole person. It acknowledges the interdependent roles of mind, body and spirit, and the innate healing capacity within each person, with an emphasis on self-care. An integrative health coach forms a partnership with individuals or groups to empower and support them in achieving their personal goals related to optimal health and wellness.
AzCIM Principles of IH Coaching
- Be fully present with each coaching partner
- Recognize the innate wisdom and healing potential within each individual
- Meet each individual where they are on their journey, without judgment
- Enter each encounter as a facilitator, not as the expert
- Emphasize self-care and self-empowerment with each coaching