AzCIM Scholarships in Integrative Medicine - 2019 Spring and Fall Classes
The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine is committed to bringing integrative medicine to underserved populations. We are pleased to announce a limited number of scholarships of up to $15,000 for our two-year Fellowship Program to highly qualified applicants. These scholarships are available to physicians, advanced practice registered nurses and physician assistants in federally designated underserved urban and rural areas within the United States. These scholarships are designated for Fellows that begin their studies in 2017. The amount of scholarship is dependent on several factors: need, quality of application and essay, long-term commitment to working with underserved populations, and letter of support from your director. Once notified, award recipients will be expected to pay their holding fee and deposit immediately. Placement in Spring or Fall class will be determined by date payments are received.
You may apply for only one scholarship.
While the scholarships can be up to $15,000, the recipients will be expected to contribute the amount not covered towards their $30,000 tuition (payable over the two year program). Additional costs associated with Fellowship studies include supplemental learning materials, travel, lodging and other incidental expenses for the three residential weeks.
If you receive a scholarship award, a $750 non-refundable holding fee and a $2,000 deposit is due immediately. There are a variety of flexible payment plans to cover the remaining balance which will begin after class begins.The actual amount of your payments will depend on your scholarship award.
Recipients will be expected to:
- Adhere to the curricular schedule outlined in the program. This commitment includes an average of 8-10 hours of online and/or other learning for the duration of the program. You are required to stay current with your coursework.
- Attend all three required residential retreats in Tucson.
Scholarship ApplicationTo apply:
- Apply and be accepted to the Fellowship Once you have received your acceptance notice:
- Prepare a 500-word essay explaining your motivation for taking and completing the Fellowship and how you believe it will benefit your practice and community. Please indicate both your name and the scholarship category in the header of your essay.
- Request and obtain a letter from your institution director or supervisor endorsing your work and application to the Fellowship. This letter should include:
- Their awareness and endorsement of your application in the Fellowship.
- Recognition that, if selected, completion of the Fellowship will require approximately 8-10 hours per week to complete the online instructional modules and associated readings. In addition, you will need to attend three 5-day Residential Weeks in Tucson, one at the beginning, middle and end of the two year Fellowship. Please note that there is no requirement that this time be allocated by your worksite, however, our experience is that it is important for your colleagues or director to be aware of and comfortable with this additional workload.
- Documentation that you are in good standing within your clinical setting
- Any other comments regarding your work performance and personal characteristics.
Email AzCIM Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the url to the scholarship application form.