- > Tucson Clinic
- > Patient Information
A new patient appointment can last up to two hours, depending upon the intricacies of your case. Patients share their stories, including medical history, personal experiences, beliefs and goals. Treatment recommendations are usually offered at the time of the first visit, however, with complex cases, an initial follow-up visit may be required (typically two–four weeks after the first meeting).
Patients are asked to return in 3–4 months for a follow-up visit, in order to allow us to monitor your progress, and to refine our recommendations if needed. Follow-up and return visits typically last 40–60 minutes.
To schedule a new patient appointment, please contact:
UNIVERSITY HEALTH CONNECTION
(520) 694-8888 x 500 or (800) 524-5928 x500
The following information will guide you through the process of becoming a patient in our program:
- Schedule a new patient appointment with University Health Connection at (520) 694-8888 x500 or (800) 524-5924 x500
- Please complete a Patient Intake Form and submit to our center no later than 1 week prior to your appointment:
- Download and print the Patient Intake Form to complete by hand and return by fax or mail.
- As a new patient, you will be responsible for obtaining medical records outside the University Medical Center. Medical records may be faxed to (520) 626-6484 prior to your first appointment or brought with you on the day of your visit.
- Please hand-carry all vitamins, supplements, and prescription drugs.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow proper paperwork to be generated.
Please be aware if a completed Patient Intake Form is not received one week prior to your appointment, the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine may notify you that your appointment time has been cancelled and another patient scheduled in your place.
Should you need to cancel your appointment, please let us know at least a week in advance (520-694-8888 or via email).
To give you the best possible experience, we only schedule one patient per hour. The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine suffers financially and the appointment is unavailable to someone else who needs it when you "no-show" or cancel on the same day.
The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine clinic operates under University Physicians Healthcare, Inc. (UPH) and has been established as a self-pay clinic. Please be prepared to pay for all charges on the same day of service. If you wish to try to obtain insurance reimbursement on your own, documentation of your clinic visit can be obtained by calling UPH Customer Service at 520-874-7200. The Center accepts Medicare and submits claims under Medicare guidelines; however, the Center does not accept Medicare with secondary coverage or any Medicare Advantage plans at this time. Listed below are the average costs:
New Patient Visit: up to $350
Follow-up Visits: up to $250
Please note: Our fees are set by University Physicians Healthcare and are subject to change.
The Center's clinics are situated in two locations. Dr. Maizes sees patients on the 6th floor of University Medical Center. Dr. Horwitz sees patients at our Wilmot clinic.
Because we have two clinics, it is important that you confirm the address of the clinic for your appointment. This can be done at the time that you make your appointment.
535 N. Wilmot Rd
Tucson, AZ 85711
Map to location
1501 N. Campbell Avenue
(6th floor of UMC)
Tucson, AZ 85716
Map to location